Monday, May 14, 2012

That's a mighty list of games Jon! Hope you and Eric sell everything. I'll be soon moving in with my lady and have to consider my meager game collection. After an initial buying rush, I've been pickier with my purchases the last year or so. Size really matters (that Kickstarter OGRE box, jesus - 14 lbs!? No thanks), so I've been sticking to games on the smaller size. Arabian Nights has been out of print for awhile I think, so I bet you'll get a decent price for it!

Eric, the lady who sits in the cube next to me is a massive Kings fan, so all season I've been hearing about it. She's gotten to go to 2 games these playoffs, so she's been super stoked. She's got all this Kings shit all over her desk like the towels they give out at games and other weird memorabilia. I still don't follow sports, but it all sounds pretty amazing! Been a long time.

Jael: Let's kick it this weekend! This past weekend was crazy for me so didn't have much free time.

Denis: Android Netrunner sounds interesting. It's so weird to me that FF is pushing the "Android Universe" so hard. Was not a fan of Android, but the art and flavor text were top notch, so I assume they wanna milk that shit for all it's worth. I don't know my Magic history, but I read off hand somewhere that the reason that all Magic the Gathering cards have the words "deckmaster" on their backside is somehow related to Netrunner. Anyone know what's up with that?

Silvia and I have been following this diet book called "Eat to Live" which is basically a vegan diet. Kind of intense but I've been losing about a pound a day. Not a very FUN diet, but it's very nutrient-packed and healthy, so even after the wedding I'll hopefully follow some/most of it's tenets. Here's the basics for each day: 1 lb of raw veggies, 1 lb cooked veggies, 4+ servings fruit, 1 serving nuts, 1 serving a whole grain (oatmeal, pita, brown rice, etc). NO oils, salt, dairy, refined sugars, or really any processed food if it can be helped. The salt was the hardest thing to change and I still miss it, but my taste buds have been adjusting. Been making my own salad dressings and discovering all kinds of goofy and delicious veggies that I've never had in my life.