Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One thing I found is that if you read the book prior to watching the series, it acts as a spoiler.  The series is so well done and true to the book (with relative exceptions) that most of the "important" themes are represented.  I found that I had preferred watching the series first and then refreshening up and rereading the chapter to fill in some of the "thoughts" that the characters had while going through the chapters.  Also, if I missed any details while reading, the series helped by visualizing the missed plotlines and fills in the gaps.  What made the show so great to me was that I read the book so long ago that I had forgotten most of the details, so it didn't spoil much of the plot for me.  And I agree, this is one of the best Science Fiction series I have seen.

OK, to work