Monday, May 14, 2012

Diablo 3 is installed on both my machines, ready to make Aeryk sad!

I am sorta obsessed with Android, but it is certainly a flawed gem which badly needs a second edition. I think/hope all the emphasis on that IP will lead to that down the road.

Net runner was a great game! Rude, I think the "Deckmaster" thing is that was the name for Richard Garfield's line of CCGs, which only turned out to be Magic and NR.

I think NR was a moderate success, it was definitely a good game, but I think it had a couple problems. First I believe it could be "solved." And there wasn't a lot of design space to keep pumping out expansion after expansion, so they put out one or two then that was kind of it.

MAN I hope FFG puts Doomtown out on LCG format. I'd spend SO much money.

Have you guys followed Descent 2nd Ed at all? I'm pretty optimistic about it, it looks like they are trying to solve a LOT of the issues 1st Ed had:

Long playtime (campaigns with short levels are the norm now)
Stalling tactics (overlord no longer needs to delay and build threat to lay cards and win)
Easier LOS
Monsters spawn at fixed points rather than dicking around with LOS
XP for both heroes and OL
It appears your guys now get knocked out and have to be revived Gears of War style rather than doing the Diablo style respawn in town (which I recall was Aeryk's major pet peeve)

So basically 2nd Ed will be the best game ever and we'll never have to buy or play any other game.

Re my board game list, yeah a lot of that stuff is hard to get rid of, but I rarely see anyone these days and need the shelf space, soooo... new homes for all!

Aeryk don't just give that shit away, put it in the auction!