Monday, May 14, 2012

| Run for your lives!

So there is this race called Run For Your Lives that is basically a 5k, with a live-action zombie theme and I want to do it. (here's a good overview video!)

You know those mud run 5k's?  This is like those, but with dressed up zombies that try and eat you (take flags off of your flag belt) during the race!  Everyone is assigned a flag belt and if you have any remaining at the end, you live! Otherwise you become a zombie, either way it looks like you have an fun time and I think we should do it!  Apparently, there are forks in the road and depending on how you choose, your 5k could become a 10k.... :)

Yes, it sucks because it's in Temecula which is near San Diego, and in the summer T'Mec is about 10% hotter than SD at any given time, but the race is in October so it should be cool enough.  My thought is the NorCal-ers carpool down on Friday (taking the day off work), sleep in LA, drive to Temecula Sat morning for the race, get eaten by zombies, have some beers, drive back to LA and sleep, then drive back north on Sunday?

The race is about 70% full, and zombie registration is already closed.  $77 for thrilling fun!

I'm currently using Zombies, run! to train, and if you have an iPhone you should too because it makes the drudgery of running (for those of us not classically trained in running) fairly fun and engrossing.

Also, I recently discovered Nightfall after purchasing it for a neighbors birthday.  I had it on iOS and regretted that purchase too until I got my hands on the actual cards and stumbled through a game - it is really, really fun!  Its a deckbuilding game with a good twist of combat and card chaining that I have not seen in a cardbuilder before - if you have the patience to learn the game on the iOS (which I really didn't have), go get it.  I will TOTALLY play an online game with you, because I TOTALLY excel at remembering and finding time to play all the online iOS games that I start...  but it really is a good game, maybe I'll bring the neighbors copy (which is living at my house right now.  The game, not the neighbor...) up to Kublanacht next week for some fun!