Saturday, March 29, 2008

There wasn't a particular scene at the end that pissed me off about it, I just never felt an overall cohesiveness to it. Right from the start, it just felt like it was revving up but never took off. Some of it was SO suspensful! The hotel scene, the scene when he brings water to the trucks, just about any scene with the bad guy. He was fucking AWESOME. And all the actors were really great. All the little side characters. The guy who played Tommy Lee Jones's sidekick. That guy was hilarious and rad. But I just felt like I was waiting for something. I don't think some big boss fight at the end would have changed that. It's actually nice that it didn't go that route. But I dunno, it just didn't feel "right" to me. Not artistically "right." Like "oh, the world isn't right, so neither is this story." I just felt like it could have been brought together tighter.

What's worse about Gamefly than their actual service (they get like a c+, sometimes a b- versus a+++ of netflix) is that fact that when you look at all the games available and start renting them, at least for the 360, the catalog just isn't that great. I mean, they pretty much offer every game that's come out for the 360, but when you have that at your fingertips, you start to realize that a lot of games just aren't that great. I dunno, it's the whole "renters" mentality, at least for me. When you buy something, you kinda invest something into it and you sometimes make it better in your mind than it probably is. But when you can rent every fucking game the system has, you kinda give them a glance, quickplay, then pass judgement and go "neexxxxt." That's how I am at least.

Rented "Bully." Rockstar game. GTA but set at a boarding school. So far, the story is pretty darn cool and interesting and already more enjoyable than any GTA that I've played (although GTA does give you that bonus of carjacking and violence). But it's still basically a GTA game and I dunno, I think I'm just getting older and less blown-away by games in general.

Rock Band, holy shit that game is fun. I don't have the Boston pack yet, but maybe soon. Have the dead pack, oasis and police, and then some random ones. Hey lets make a band tomorrow and play! I got boo-koo 48-hour codes, so if u have time on sunday let me know and ill email u a code.