Thursday, March 27, 2008

| Conz, FTW!

- GenCon probably not for me, but it is a REMOTE possibility.

- With Mike in, it looks like a repeat from last year! Mike, Eric, Denis, Enron, Rudy, Jon, Dave, Ian, and (Peter)! Huzzargh!

- Conquest in Santa Clara is a fantastic alternative to GenCon, hint hint, nudge nudge.

- Joined GameFly after hearing about it from Rudy. So far, here are my reviews from the past few weeks, cause you are all interested. BTW, I have TRIED to get Army of Two, some WWII possiblitiy FPS, and Turok since day one, and apparently when my order comes up, they are out of stock, so I am 0 - 3 trying to get current titles, which kind of ticks me off about GameFly:

Call of Duty 4: Meh. Looks pretty, but is just mildly scripted chaos. Hard to follow, not all that interesting. Packaged and returned same day I received it.

Call of Duty 3: See Call of Duty 4. Returned following day I received it.

Orange Box: Portal was pretty fun, I played through it last night. Funny, clever and the perfect length. It started getting a little repetitive before the ending so I'm glad it ended when it did. I fired up TF:2 hoping there was a single player version a la Unreal Tournament, alas there was not, so I exited that bad boy. Gonna play some HL episode I and II tonight for a bit. Best bang for the buck in a game ever!

- Re:Portal. After playing through it, I can remember some of the levels I saw last year at the GDC and how they were retooled and rethemed COMPLETELY for this version. The moving platforms were all turtles in hot lava, and I think the OG concept for the energy balls as obstructions rather than being used to activate things, were actually goblins hopping around in a pattern. Funny.

- Booblacon: I think I am gonna bring Mobile Gaming Unit One and pack it full of games and get a flea bag table to try and offload as much as I can. I could use the room and the thought of keeping these things for another move just really irks me. My hope is that i the price is right, I can offload most of them.