Saturday, March 29, 2008

I sorta liked the ending in the theater but definitely it is not as exciting as what came before it. Switching gears from one of the best thrillers in years to a kind of slow philosophical movie is tough. I'm going to rewatch the movie and see if the ending sits better when you know it's coming. Up until this point I've always liked Coen bros movies much better on repeat viewings so I'm hopeful this will occur.

Thanks for the "meh" stories on Gamefly. I was thinking about subscribing to them, but suppose I'll stay away. One question about COD4, Aeryk: did you get to the part where the nuke goes off? For me, that was the point at which the game changed from being pretty much like you described, to being fueled by goodness.

My apartment seems eerily quiet without the sound of the roaring fans and dehumidifiers. I almost came to enjoy them... one perk was that we could put laundry that was still damp in that room, and it would dry out within an hour. I also set up a series of moisture evaporation experiments but sadly, the contractors ended up removing the equipment that morning so science will just have to wait. Unless... unless I cause the bathroom to flood again?

I've started playing Rock Band again and picked up both the Grateful Dead and Boston packs. The Grateful Dead pack is really good because, being pretty much all blues guitar, there is little of the repetitiveness seen in a lot of other RB songs. (RB = Redondo Beach.) I'd say they're the most fun guitar songs in the game. The Boston pack is great because it finally gives you a chance to play "More Than A Feeling" with a full band! Everyone can serenade each other! It's awesome. Boston is actually a pretty good band, for being so relentlessly cheesy.

It would be so awesome to go to GenCon again. I haven't been back since 2000, and hey, new edition of D&D coming out around that time so there will be a lot of energy! Plus, I want to see what the Indianapolis equivalent of Colonel Ghoulby's is! Denis, do you think Peter would be interested? I imagine there would be a large selection of both nude elf miniatures and mech miniatures so there truly would be something for everyone!