Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yeah, Gamefly is unfortunately nowhere near as awesome as Netflix. It's a shame too. Netflix is just SO g-d rad. I guess their HUGE user base just makes them have boo-koo movies in stock and that shit just moves so fast.

Gamefly I think is cool in like 2-3 months spurts. Here's the trick for me as far as getting BRAND new titles. Empty you're Q the night b4 the game you want comes out, make it the only thing in your list. At midnight the game goes from "coming soon" to "available now" - they'll ship it to you that day. So I've got a bunch of new games that way. As far as games that are already out - it's pretty tough. People say keep you're Q small and your odds are better. I'm trying to get Bully cuz I've heard only good things about it. It's "medium" availability. So it's the only thing in my Q (have 1 open slot) so it's been 1 day, lets see how long it takes these cocksuckers to get me my game.

Played Recently:
Rainbow Six Vegas 2: Meh. It was mildly fun, but it's still felt like a gimped Gears of War. Missing some of that polish.

Splinter Cell Double Agent: Actually kinda fun and it's friggen 2 years older than the Rainbow Six game which just came out. I'm pretty godawful at being stealthy but it's fun just being paranoid and freaked out moving around crazy levels. One complaint - it's supposed to be full of "hard choices" because each level you get objectives for the terrorists (who you're undercover in) and/or the NSA (youre bosses) and they had this one where they're like: "Kill the innoncent guy so we know you're bad." ALL this build up and I just fuckin' shot his ass SO fast right in the head. They didn't build up any regret/suspense... like Mass Effect had a bunch of tougher choices than this shit. BUT, it's a pretty fun stealth game and it looks cool. Nuff said.

EDIT: Yay, Bully shipped today. So two days for a "medium" available game, meh, livable.