Monday, December 17, 2007

| Rock Bandz & Role Playingz

- Leslie picked up Rock Bandz for us last week sometime, and it has been a hoot for the whole family. Leslie loves playing the drums as much as Wylie and I do, and as far as the guitar goes, well mine is awaiting a nice return box from EA because the 'pickups' strumming part either a) misses strums altogether, or b) does a double strum when it should do one. Makes rocking out on some Coheed and Cambria solos pretty tough. I am not sad at all tho, cause playing the drums is SO. MUCH. FUN! I played the first block of songs on expert, and have been making my way up the ranks on hard. I feel like a real drummer and wanna get a drum kit and start a band! Wait a sec. I'm not 15.....

So yeah, Rockband is awesome. The Metallica downloads are mandatory! Blackened!

- I have started swimming with Leslie. She goes like 6 days a week and swims 2000, and I have been going 3 times or so, swimming 1000. I hate swimming. I mean, I like that I CAN swim. And I like waterpolo, but swimming is teh sux. So, to circumvent my absolute boredom and focus on the effing splashing sound after every stroke, I picked up a waterproof case for Leslie's pink Nano. It is the Awesome. Listening to music is nice and it keeps me swimming harder than without; anything other than kick ass metal songs doesn't work, it actually slows me down for some reason. Tim Armstrong? Fuggettaboutit. Today I started listening to some George Rape Rape Martin and it worked really well. Get it Ryan! It makes swimming fun!

- Superbad the Movie = Super Bad Movie. I laughed pretty hard the first 15 minutes, then smiled twice, and laughed 3 times during the rest of the movie. Maybe. It is like the Nexus Ops of movies: Too long for what it is. Not to mention my little fear that this is what the new generations 'coming of age movie' is. Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and Lucas no more! Now it is 'fuck' every other word, pussy, vag, cumming in faces, dick, vag, pussy, etc. Wylie's coming of age movie will consist of a repeated soundtrack of the word cunt being screamed, robots raping sheep, and intravenous super-drug use through the penis. Good times.

- As far as regular attendance for gaming in the SF area? Sounds good. Much more difficult to pull off in practice. I couldn't commit to anything regular, but would like to come up (an have you guys come down) when possible, of course. So, if you get a regular game going Jon, YOU play my character when I am not there, DON'T let Enron play me. He will find the largest hourglass full of character aging sand, and make me stand under it just cause he is bitter we left him under it that one time and forgot him for a few rounds...