Thursday, December 20, 2007

| Hehe funny picture


Heres a funny picture i found as a christmas picture card. It pretty much sums up what I do here and what problems the company faces.


Eric: I guess we all have our own problems. Mine, I am not the most well-liked person in the company by a longshot. I feel like the estranged fellow that Jon described in his company except I don't think I'm that weird socially. In fact the last count I think I have 0 friends in the factory. Ok.. maybe 2 or 3 but "friends" might be a far-stretched terminology. My biggest problem is I can't speak the language and just can't get past the wall of courtesy. It also sucks when you know they only speak english only out of considerateness. Example, whenever I go drinking with a group or in a social setting, people will be talking in their native speak and occasionally, after being silent for so long, I'll break in with a little chit chat (that's probably totally off topic) but then their conversation resumes as if I was an interruption. It also sucks the group laughs and someone has to translate for you, IF someone was nice enough to. Most times I feel like the facial twitch that you just can't get rid of.

What's worse is most of the time, it's easy for some people with unkind intents to fuel false rumors that spread around the company. Rumors are usually negative. I find some people that has never consorted with me, have some kind of prenotion about me either from their friends or friend of friends. It's really frustrating and infuriating, but I also can't help to find it funny how easily people are influenced. Heck, all of us at some point are brainwashed by media ads, newspapers telling us how we need to stop Iraq from having weapons of mass destruction.