Monday, December 17, 2007

| extra sacrifice this year

I'm putting in a little more effort this year and want to complete a few pending projects for 2008. That few added quotes hopefully will secure a few projects for 2008. If I don't do it and wait until next year, it may take longer for the project win, or worse may miss the opportunity which we can't really afford delays at the moment.
Hopefully next year, when the business is better, I can fly back more frequent/extended. I'm really starting to feel tied down here.

So on the beach front! I bought Pei Mei's chinese cookery and have been dabbling in the black arts. Its quite cool actually, when you follow the instructions, the food tastes much better than casual unorthodox-layman cooking. It's really important to follow the amount of ingredients and the cooking directions. Normally all my dishes turn out just blah, either all garlic/onion or dark soy sauce flavored. But now I can actually taste the different flavors of the veggies/meat! The dishes haven't turned out exactly like those in the pictures yet... Occasionally I'll do a mistep or forget what to add and when. Good cooking is hard! Starting with the level 1 stuff, then i'll move onto higher level casting requiring more concentrated ingredients like mandrake root and black pearls.