Saturday, October 20, 2007

Too much to respond to, time for some stream of consciousness: bombs bad, ballot fixing badder, tabula rasa the worst. Dumbledore gay, half-life 2 choo choo train gayer, pricey video games the blurst.

Yeah, I never got back into HL2 a few chapters past where you mentioned Jon. I like the game engine a lot, feels good shooting dudes, but yeah, its just super linear and I think I watched the ending on YouTube so that's done.

Played the Tabula Rasa demo/beta awhile back Den and that shit was crap. Something about all NCSoft games that seems familiar in graphics/UI - Ohh man, just horrible.

After I discovered the /kill command in Oblivion's console, kinda used it a few too many times and it killed the game for me. I just loaded a shit load of mods for it, so gonna restart it someday and not cheat and see if I can get into it. At least that first weekend was super awesome and I got my 30 bucks worth.

Almost done with re-read of Game of Thrones - what an amazing book. That dude rocks. Still can't stand certain chapters (Danys, Sansas, sometimes Catelyns) but I know you gotta slug through em, so it's alright. Still mostly into the Jon, Bran, Arya and Tyrion chapters.

That show on NBC Life is really good, Heroes I can't get into at all (but I'll watch it in one massive go on dvd or something later on down the road.) BBC Robin Hood started up again overseas, thats a fun d/l I'm gonna watch.

I think I sent you a link or mentioned awhile back Eric, but did you ever nab the Radio-Show of Flight of the Conchords? They go to London instead of NY, but its pretty much the same songs they ended up using in the HBO show. Like the first episode has the LOTR song "Frodo, don't wear the ring.. i know its very tempting!" "many spies.. have many eyes.." Hahaha, good shit. And its narrated by the comedian who plays Garth Marenghi from a another brilliant euro-comedy show. This generation of euro-comics are awesome. Does NZ count as European? LINKy

Sports are still super gay.

Turned in and got approved/signed-off on my transfer to the Scientific Investigation Department (division? SID, whatever that stands for) at work, so start that whole new job mid Nov. That'll be interesting.

I know MySpace prolly aint most of you dudes thing, but theres another cool site I joined called Good Reads and you put all the books u read and u can review em and all that kinda shit (maybe like how BGG works?) Here's my profile: PC LOICERS