Sunday, October 14, 2007

Eric lent me his copy of Oblivion for xbox, so I'll check that out soon too! I haven't had a lot of times to play videogames lately, but with my girlfriend out of town, I figure this is a perfect week to crank up the volume and blast my way through some of these games. Bioshock, I'm looking at you! I'm interested to see whether I like Oblivion or not. I didn't like Daggerfall or Morrowind, and you can't mod out the problems with the base game on the xbox like you can on PC, but still, people seem to like it. I have been getting a lot of advice like "don't make your main skills your primaries!"

I picked up the orange box for 360. So far I've been playing Portal, which I don't think is worth $20 since it's pretty short, but it's a lot of fun. If the whole orange box package isn't worth it to you right now then I would definitely wait for it to drop in price and then pick it up. I'm looking forward to finally joining the 20th century and playing Half-Life 2 finally.

George RR Martin has got to get his shit together! Obviously I hope he doesn't pull a Stephen King and just crap out the last books (I tried reading the 5th book in the Dark Tower series, but it was so crappy I couldn't get anywhere). But man, if he pulls a Robert Jordan on me, I'm putting on the tiger suit and stalking his ghost.