Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ahoy ahoy!

I'm still alive. Not much happening here. In fact I've devolved to the point where all my free time is spent watching anime in my underwear with a tub of ice cream resting on my belly. I hear the ladies like that.

There is a new MMORPG coming out soon, Tabula Rasa. Sci fi game with nice design sense. I might check it out. It's a lot more shooty than WoW though. I'm not really a FPS gamer. I don't want to be corrupted by video games and become the crazy guy shooting up the MacDonald's. I prefer less violent pastimes, like D&D. There is nothing like playing my half orc assasin and sacrificing pixies to Orcus.

Oh yah, London Hellgate is coming out soon. They are trying to sell it like Diablo III the FPS. Can't say I'm a fan of shooty games. But I'm curious about it all the same.

Speaking of which, I already told Eric about it. I want to make Zork the FPS game. The first text based first person shooter game. Brilliant! Here's a sample screenshot:

-->East
You enter a large round room with exits in all cardinal directions.

-->Look
You see a health pack.
You see [A$$ Killah666].

-->Equip sniper rifle
You equip the sniper rifle.

-->Shoot A$$ Killah666
The rifle clicks, it is not loaded.

-->Reload sniper rifle
The sniper rifle is reloaded.

-->Shoot A$$ Killah666
Headshot. Fatality. You pwn3d the n00b.

The physics engine on this baby is going to be the Roxxxxors!