Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Stars Point to: YES!

Seemingly, Colleen will be coming to cover my parenting shift while I fritter away my life gaming at Kublacon! I would imagine you guys should get yer room ASAP cause it's only a month away, so DO IT! I envision leaving friday morning (driving) and coming back sunday, me thinks. In the past the drive on sunday has been nice, and has avoided the holiday monday traffic nicely, so that is my play. I assume I will be a taxi service for those wishing to come up as well, but with Rudy, Denis and Dave as all potential cab fares, it poses a bit of a logistical problem.

1) I could take the van, and spend an assload on gas, which would be nicely distributed amongst my passengers. Cheers: Could fit the crew, plus equipment nicely. We could pop the top at a rest stop and take a nap on the way. Also, passengers could use the table for the full mobile gaming experience. Jeers: The guy sitting backward at the gaming table might puke. Costs a lot of gas. Leaves Leslie and Colleen with the Prius to manage the boy over the weekend, which isn't that big a deal, but it can pose problems with strollers, groceries, park stuff, etc.

2) Take the Prius. Cheers: Cheap on gas, but will creep with added gamer mass in the car. Kick ass AC and iPod port.Jeers: With a full compliment of nerds enroute, the car will be loaded with people, and not leave much (any) room for games and other necessities (beer, nudie magazines, marijuana, etc.). Also, gamers in close proximity will be smellier than in the van. Going uphill will be teh sux.

Thoughts?



PS Get teh roomz!