Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hope everything is cool Art, sorry to hear about that.

Re: Breakin', I actually saw that shit in the movie theater. I was nine. I was like a really huge fan of breakdancing, for some reason, and I even took a breakdancing class at the Jocelyn Center. Given my general coordination level as a lad, I was probably about as horrible as you can imagine. I truly pity my mother for having to grit her teeth ad sit through those "performances." Anyway, my love of the genre extended to the point that I had the tape of the soundtrack, which I listened to constantly out of my "ghetto blaster." I actually found that tape when I was moving all my crap out of my parents' house about four years ago! I think I gave it to my sister.

I didn't actually remember ANYTHING about the movie or plot though. Checking IMDB I saw these listings:

Rodolfo Quinones ... Ozone (as Shabba-Doo)
Michael Chambers ... Turbo (as Boogaloo Shrimp)

"Shabba-Doo" and "Boogaloo Shrimp" are probably two of the coolest names of all time. I can definitely see why you'd switch to those if your real name was something as uncool as Ozone or Turbo.