Sunday, April 08, 2007

Do you like the pretty new Blog (no homo)?

1) I have changed the blog to follow a template because I was trying to figure out how to get the archives to update since the new Blogger took over, and found this was the easiest way. Isn't it pretty?

2) Ryan told me about a new bit of language we can all use. When a dude wants to compliment another dude about something, if you feel the compliment might be crossing the line, you can add a Hold Harmless Clause at the end of your compliment, by saying "no homo". That way, when I see Rudy next, and I like his jacket and thinks he looks cool in it, I can say "Hey man, that's a really cool jacket! You look really good in it, no homo." and I won't worry about him bailing before we get a game of Combat Commander in.

3) Wylie turned one on friday and we had his birthday on saturday. Weird.

4) I forgot to mention this earlier, but one Monday I was at Pollywog Park with the boy and his mom and I needed to pee pee, so I headed off to the can. As I was approaching, I heard laughter in the air. A certain kind of laugher I could not exactly put my finger on, but it was familiar. I tinkled, and as I was zipping up, I heard it again, this time I knew I was near some gamers. I left the can, and saw a group of 4 guys sitting in a gazeebo and knew they were gaming, I just knew it. So I ambled on over to see, and lo and behold they were playing D&D in the gazeebo. Oh, and they were the MOST FUCKING STEREOTYPICAL GAMERS EVER. The Iron Maiden T-shirt, the dandruff, the long, horrible hair, the fumbly speaking patterns, the bags of McD's on the table, the fat bellies, the pasty skin, the sickle skinny, the Target brand jackets; everything about them defines what gives gamers a bad name. Not to mention they were more than happy to tell me about all their characters not 2 second after I said hi.

I asked if they played in the park on mondays, and they said yes. I asked if they played during their lunch breaks, or what, and they said no, they pretty much eat during their lunch breaks. Bewildered, I asked when do they exacly play, and I found out they "pretty much play during the hours of daylight on mondays." Wow. Awesome.

5) Kubla looks like a go go gadget attendance for me, and Rudy too. I am sure Denis is in, and if Dave is gonna fly up, that would be awesome because it means we could take the Prius and save gas. Not to mention if he brings a friend, it would suck to have to drive 'em anyway.