Friday, October 15, 2004

Should I try to run a moderated session, or do people want to get hacking and slashing out of their system for a couple of weeks?

I've been thinking about how to do it DM-style. ("DMs do it with groups of players.") I've noticed in the single-player game you have the ability to pause the game and you can queue up moves... which slows play quite a bit, but improves the tactical element. I guess that really helps the feat- and spell-heavy characters.

On a multiplayer server, by default, the DM has the ability to pause, but not the players. My question is: would you guys prefer to keep it that way to keep combat quick, or enable player pausing? (Maybe with some restrictions... like pauses are for one minute max, every two minutes or so.)

I'll try and set up Roger Wilco. Hopefully it'll work... my whole internet connection/microphone situation will definitely be better in a couple of weeks.