Monday, October 11, 2004

NEVER

Game was pretty fun last night. Good chattin' with Art before the actual game - I don't think we've ever met in person, so was cool to get to know you a little bit. I think NWN Online has a ton of potential. I think getting everyone on voice chat is essential - really makes a HUGE difference as far as commands and crackin' jokes, etc. Screw playing the original campaign again - too many npcs barking shit at us we've already heard. I think we should either find a kick-ass mod to play or have someone (Jon) run us through an original. I played a bit of the Ice and Fire mod last night, and although I appreciate all the work the guy put into it, overall I wasn't too into it. It's hard and wasn't all that impressive.

Sorry for yelling about the headphones thing all night - it's just an old trick I learned from my recording studios days. If you yell into the diaphram (sp?) of headphones that are plugged into a mic-in, they transmit sound - albeit all distorted I think. I got my crap mic from Frys for 4.99 and they work beautifully (although it looks like ASS.) For your mac jon, I dunno if they have mic-in's like PCs do - you might have to get a USB one like Eric did.

So, I say we make real characters as if we were gonna play some PnP rpg and jump into a good solid module. Like I was telling Eric on teamspeak, someone made Tomb of Horrors, (And here's a NEW version by a different guy - who knows which is better HERE but I think that might be a little too epic for us.

So, maybe lets all get voice going (roger wilco if jon's running it on his mac, or if he's at Jael's house, they can share the mic I guess) and make some good guys and play next weekend - I'm down to be a cleric - I swear I'll heal you guys.

And Mike, when you're back in town, you're in!

BTW, you guys can still run Teamspeak without a mic, so at least you'd hear the other peeps.

Superman, rest in peace.