Saturday, November 22, 2003

Puerto Rico Suave

I got a basic impression of the game while I was getting the game explained to me and what little game play I was involved in. It seemed pretty cool and based on your description, it seems to play out well. What is it with Eric and economic games? Oh well.. I guess it will join the ranks with giganten and Aquire. I guess we all have our favorite hated gametype.

Did Johnny and I tell you about the 195 dollar game we played a few weeks ago? It was a basic business game, sort of like Life with finance and accounting. It was made by the gent who wrote the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It was a pretty cool game, the premise was to get the most money through investments/risks. It is a circular set of inner and outer tracks your pawn travels on, like Talisman. Die roll based movement. It was fun, but the production values on the game set it probably in the 35-40 dollar range. Basic board, paper money, player sheets, dice, and three types of card stacks. But $195? Damn.... I guess the Rich Dad, Poor Dad writer needs to milk his Fans (Cultists?) for more money. A little L Ron-ish if you ask me. Too bad it was pretty fun.

Enron Butterflyington III