Saturday, November 22, 2003

God damn 195 dollars games!?

Sorry, I lost my capacity to speak English.

I went down to Brookblurst today (didn't buy anything). Then I went to Little Saigon and walked around in this Vietnamese mall they have there. It had a very different vibe than say the Manhattan Village. They actually had an arcade, which is pretty cool. They had one Japanese Capcom game called "Ninja Baseball Bat Man." It was a side-scrolling fighter (like Double Dragon) where the players are robots with baseball bats and the enemies are walking baseball gloves.

The best part was watching these two eleven-year-old girls playing Dance Dance Revolution. Holy fuck. They were selecting these songs that were about 120 beats per minute with half-steps and all kinds of multiple arrow hitting and changes, hitting 50-string combos with no problems. I watched one girl's feet and they were almost blurring. I would have stayed and watched longer except I think I would have started to feel kind of creepy.