Sunday, June 15, 2003

I repent!

I've totally told Eerik that I'll play Warhammer! In fact, he was saying that he'd run it a couple weeks ago, then he totally wussed out. ¡Wuss! In fact I promised I wouldn't be a ratcatcher/gravedigger, and he still wouldn't bite! Unlike Blood Bowl, which I occasionally feel like I should play with Eerik out of pity, but when it comes down to it I don't really feel like playing, I would totally give WFRP a shot!

Anyway, HârnMaster gives rules for playing a Ratter, so now I think that's a pretty cool thing to be. A gravedigger, though? ¡Ridiculous!

I propose the following event:

Minor-league, niche RPG combat day

Each participant chooses a game of their choice. Each participant creates one character for each system. We then run each set of characters/systems through a series of combat tests created to determine which system is the most brutal. I propose the following tests:

1. Gladiatorial Challenge--man-jo-man combat to the death between the two characters involving any weapons selected by the participant. The characters are moderately-armored.
2. Fool's Rush--one character has a bow, no armor, and a light melêe weapon. The other character has a sword, light armor, and starts two or more range increments away from the first character.
3. Insane Terrain--combat occurs in a large room with dangerous terrain effects (such as collapsing bridges over lava, spiked pits, etc.).
4. ¡Enemies No More!--In a surprise twist straight from today's headlines, the two combatants must team up, Enemy Mine style, to fight a band of five of "iconic" enemies for the system's setting--Gargun (Orcs) for HM, possibly Skaven for WHFRPG, etc..

I throw down this gauntlet! Will you accept????