Thursday, June 19, 2003

All I can say is two words...

Victory!!! Tonight, the rowdy fans are in celebration, drinking blood mead and causing havoc. Mango Raiders have won their first match!! The first half was a solid rout! 3 touchdowns in 7 turns. The second you ask?... An even mightier rout... Final score 5 to balls. (I used the humans cuz I couldn't get the orcs suited in time). Not to take anything from the victory but my opponent didn't really have a strategy. He had tons of gaps in his line and with some good fortune, I was able to pick the ball away time after time, and score some quick touchdowns. He wisened up just a little in the second half, only allowing 2 TD's, but still played poorly. 36000 fans in attendance, and a purse of only 30k for me. I'm sure my victory will be shortlived. Next week I'll probably play against a wily veteran and get my ass nicely handed to me in a silver platter served fresh. Plus they are like 6 games into the season, giving them plenty of star points and skills.

Just FYI, the league has 8 teams. Undeads (smashed by me), 2 Orcs, 1 Lizardmen (got smashed), 1 goblins (got smashed), 1 skaven, 1 Norse and human.

Box Score:
Blitzer 1: 1 TD
Blitzer 2: 1 TD
Catcher1 : 1 TD 1 catch
Lineman1 : 1 TD
Lineman2 : 1 TD
Lineman3 : MVP award (for sitting on his ass.... but did well)
Thrower: 1 of 1 completion
No injuries

fun fun fun.... Eric, I'd be down to join you online as well, but it'd be alotta fun if you can come play too!

No invitation yet.

Jael