Thursday, January 16, 2003

Queasyness

Awkward situation happened to me tonight. It all began with my desire to learn guitar properly, emaphasizing on being able to read the notes. Mechanically, I can play the guitar better than most advanced students. It's easy for me to pick up the tabs for Romanza, Beethovan etc. But if you ask me to read you a line of notes and play, it'd be asking a french guy to read german nazi war propaganda. It just ain't happening.
Continuing on, my whole church knows I play the guitar as they asked me to teach a basic strumming etc beginner class. So I did that for 8 weeks. They all think I play great. end of that.
Wanting to learn notes, I signed up for a guitar class at Ohlone. Went there at 7 and lo and behold, who do I see? 2 kids from my church and 2 parents at the beginner class. YAH. So long story short, I didn't feel like I had to explain, but the truth is I'm there to learn notes. Anyways it felt awkward. So I had to bust out some songs to impress them. Doh. Good news is the professor heard me playing and I talked him into moving me into the semi advanced class. Unfortunately now I'm behind as I still can't read notes. Lots and lots of practice lays ahead.

Jael