Saturday, April 28, 2012

| Walking Dead and Ascension

Walking Dead: A fairly good experience.  The art style moves between fitting and then sort of silly.  Horrific zombie attacks are less horrific when they are sort of cartoony, but by and large it looks pretty good.  The story is a straight forward zombie outbreak tale, and the characters are interesting enough.  I listened to a Bombcast interview with some of the guys on the TellTale team and they were talking up the game like there would be all these difficult decisions and I guess they were right, but the decisions are a little obvious - do I save this person, or that person?  One will die, one will live, but which one?

Some of the 'hot spots' to click on objects or people are pretty terrible and not even on the actual object, but slightly next to it, which does pose some problems.  You can toggle an option to always show hot spots, which I have used to get out of a pinch when I couldn't find the off-center hot spot.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the rest of the chapters and think it will be a fun time.

Ascension: Lots of fun!  Seems like a super-duper simple game that takes a lot of the guess work out of deck building games by sort of reducing the number of combination of cards, if that makes any sense?  I like it a lot and really want to buy a physical copy of it too, I think it COULD go over well with Leslie.

I sold like 7 Magic cards (Legends, Antiquities, unlimited, etc.) I found while boxing things up to coolstuffinc.com for like $240 credit, so I could be picking it up sooner rather than later!