Wednesday, April 25, 2012

| Excited nerds will kill anything

How did the podcast guys describe it? It seems like "retro 8-bit" would be front and center. Anyway, maybe try revisiting it in a day or two? I've only played a couple times and it's pretty intriguing, I don't think you need to sink 50 hours into it or anything. Anyway, Magic Realm was pretty fun! Yes, lots of chart consulting and it ultimately broke down in sheer perplexity, but I strongly want to play again soon. I pretty much agree with Aeryk's assessment and want to see what happens when you get to the meat of the game and start hiring armies, teaming up with other players, etc. We did use magic (which isn't all that hard, and is very cool). I definitely see the advantage of printing the updated, fan-made monster pieces. They have so much information on them.