Monday, April 23, 2012

I watched a few videos on Magic Realm after Cabin Collins because I think you'd brought it along. Looks interesting and epic and long. I'm always game for trying something like the online version. Give me a few months to read the rules.

How does it compare to that 10 hour space game you played recently? That's more recent, isn't it? Twilight Imperishable, I think?

----

Game of Thrones is on fire this season. You non-HBO having dudes are gonna love it when you get around to catching up. The pacing is much better this season and the look of the show is a lot more impressive. They have so many great background shots this season, something that was seriously lacking season 1. It's brilliant.

Also watched the new HBO comedies VEEP and Girls. I really like Girls, mumblecore 20-something self-entitled chicks in New York - it feels very real and funny and embarassing. Makes me totally miss my 20s but then also grateful I made it through them. Veep is the lady from Seinfeld as a really aloof vice president. Seems like it will be good - very "The Office" meets "Arrested Development" - should be interesting.

----

I never knew their was such a thing as a "Conservative Punk Rock" movement. :( It looks really depressing and mean and yuck. One of the main dudes in it is Dave Smalley from ALL and other shitty bands I barely remember. Went far down the google/wiki rabbit hole after reading a great article on an ex-Straight Edge punker dude: From AV Club

In the meantime, Top Ten Awkward Coachella Dances