Saturday, April 28, 2012

I really need to find my old Magic cards and unload the good stuff. My cards from high school are in awful condition from playing on the sidewalk in Stockton, etc., but my college-era cards should be in decent shape.

I played a couple of Telltale's Monkey Island games, and they were fun, and I love that they were filling a niche nobody else was (until now, perhaps), but they were lacking in the oomph dept. I feel about Telltale how I felt about Jughead's Revenge. Solid mid-listers, some good songs, probably really nice guys, you might buy a T-shirt, but would you get the tramp stamp? No, probably not.

I "finished" Fez and "started" the "New Game+" (you can finish the game way before doing everything, and New Game+ isn't really a restart). Aeryk, this honestly seems right up your alley, with "the" mysterious codes and unthreatening, yet creepy ambience. I'm now at the point where I need to either sink some time into the codes or just look shit up on the Internet. I'll probably do the latter, unless you guys want to team up and become some kind of code-cracking super group.

Played Agricola with the Farmers on the Moops expansion. Have you tried it Rude? The first game was actually kind of stressful, because I went from kind of understanding how to build a successful farm, to once again having no idea what the hell I was doing. But, things came together at the end and it's really a pretty good expansion. It changes up the game a lot without really adding much complexity, and it might actually make the game a bit easier, overall.