Sunday, March 25, 2012

You're in Taiwan, right? Must be the closest thing to Japanese noodles for some travelers or something, so they're lovin' it. I've never been HUGE on noodle joints. When you get back we gotta hang out! We'll play AND brainstorm some game stuff.

Gonna hopefully get to try out Lords of Waterdeep tomorrow if I'm not too exhausted from shit-work tonight. It looks like light worker placement along the lines of Stone Age, minus any dice (sacrilege for a D&D product!)- hope Silvia takes a shine to it. I can't imagine she's gonna see the little wooden cubes as their adventuring counterparts that they're supposed to be, but I'll play it up.

Tried out some more iPad board gaming yesterday. Tigris and Euphrates. Went through the whole tutorial which was extensive, but didn't really teach me any strategy as far as I can tell. I think I'll have to actually play the game to start making sense of it. Also played some Caylus, which while mechanically was pretty darn easy, I have NO idea of how I should be playing it effectively. I'm glad I get to try out all these weird Euros I'd probably never have the balls to try at a con or with the group. Hopefully find some gems from the past 10 years that I can push on people if they're good.

Go post in the Earthdawn game you jerks.

PS: I think this was talked about on the ride up/down from Cabin Con, but for those interested in Mass Effect PC version, I think today, 3/25, Amazon's gonna be selling the digital download bundle of 1&2(delux ver) for $11 bucks. That's a killer price, but I don't know who's even interested in that. It might have been Peter or Denis? Or they already have them? I dunno.
CICK HERE FOR DEALK

PPS: Erlick the Sage - did you get to have a game night with your neighbors? Did you get Fire Meeples in your Flashpoint? I know the guy who runs the company said they'd be doing a kickstarter for the next expansion for the game this year and would most likely offer those duecey meeples as part of it.