Monday, March 26, 2012

Hey, Minecraft! Nice! Request sent (to be denied). That map is pretty boss. I forgot the rail spur I put across the ocean. I poked around over there a bit until the server went down (probably due to Enron throwing a shoe at it). Was thinking about building a mountaintop fortress. I wish they'd come up with a real client for iPad.

Art: Earthdawn is a fantasy RPG from the '90s that me and Pump have a lot of fondness for. The premise: civilization sealed itself away in magically protected shelters or fortresses to hide from the Scourge, a massive invasion of monsters from beyond. Now it's 400 years later. The group lives in an underground shelter with about 3,000 other people. The rituals that would indicate whether the Scourge has ended are not working as expected, so nobody is sure whether it's safe to go outside or not. The last expedition was 50 years ago and had only one survivor. Now there's another expedition gathering...

We're doing everything through Google docs, so I shared the folder with you! There's a lot of crap in there, but check out the "Earthdawn Campaign Intro" doc. If you're interested, awesome! I can kinda walk you through character creation on gchat (or in minecraft chat, heh), it's not the simplest system ever so it can be a little fussy.