Tuesday, March 27, 2012

>>>
I got accepted into Eric's weird Ponzi Scheme Minecraft server, thanks! I'll hop in this week fo-sho! All my palette-programs (can't remember what they're called, ha) are out of date, so I'm keeping it old school for awhile. I don't think I've properly played since it's been into a post-beta state, so I look forward to being surprised.
<<<
Having fun with some iPad boardgames:
Ascension is a really fun deck builder. Pretty darn simple to jump into. I don't know all the cards yet, so I'm sure I'm not being super efficient in my strategies, but none of it is very complicated, so I can at least score victory points at a decent pace. I think it's great. Don't know how fun the physical version is, but this ultra fast/no setup or breakdown time version is a blast.
Tigris and Euphrates: The presentation is great, but I'm still struggling with understanding some of the basic tactics. I played a game vers the AI tonight and got smoked 53 to 21. Once the computer started waging war on my ass and taking over my kingdoms, I never recovered. I don't really understand how combat works, so I'm gonna have to refresh on those rules. But was still fun getting owned.
Caylus: Another one where I get the basic mechanics, but don't really know what I'm building towards yet, or what I should be going for. My first game or two of Agricola was like that, but at least in 'Gric it's pretty easy to formulate a plan of attack each game. In Caylus I'm feeling a little lost/overwhelmed. Also, the online multiplayer seems like it's "live" only? I guess otherwise it would take ages to play a game. I created a game and quit out after about 20 mins because I wasn't getting it. Anyone play the real game and have any comments on it?
DrawSomething: Not really a boardgame, but it's so addictive and fun. Finally got Jon to play me and it's been fun to see each others goofy drawings - he keeps sneaking in peni art though B====D -----
>>>