Tuesday, July 24, 2007

| Internet Ban LIfted! Harry-o Rape-o DragonHIV-o!

Whew! I just finished and it was a perfect ending. I could not be more pleased with how the series ended, I don't want any more, I feel complete and well taken care of.

I concur, action packed, twists, turns, a-ha's, and only one or two ridiculous chance occurrences!

After I tried to D/L a leak the day before and failed (well, I got the 500-something page fanfic version of the book, but knew off the bat it was teh Fake-Or), I put a moratorium on Internet use for fear of asshat WoW players on BGG leaking the secretz of the Chamber of Deathry Hello's. The ban has been lifted and I can now fill my mind with pointless whining about boardgames again!

In my searches for the Real McCoy Harry Potter Leak, I found chapters 1-10 of an audiobook version. I thought it was bunk so I listened to the first few bytes of the first mp3. Jim Dale was NOT the reader, just some dude talking all quiet and audiobook like, and I heard him refer to pointing wands at chests and I thought for sure it was crap because it was just too early in the book to have that happen!

As it ends up, the egg was on my face! Just think, I coulda listened to some chump read his leaked book and had a headstart on everyone!

BTW, I too rolled up on B&B at midnight to pick up a copy and there was a line past REI! Then I hit up Borders and there was a mass of people outside the cobwebbed and disco-lighted Wizard Party going on, so I drove home and picked it up the next morning at 9am with no wait.

I feel good about it. Very nice.

LOL about the spoilers Rudy. LOL.