Thursday, November 09, 2006

Second Opinion: I concur with Art's prognosis!

We rocked out at Guitar Hero 1 at work last week. Afterwards one of the weird new guys told me that I should invite him along next time because he's really good at it. He's beat it on Expert, and also his girlfriend can beat it on Expert, but she prefers to play it at Hard. I told him I was doing pretty well for myself at Expert but had been stuck at "Crossroads" (the last song in the 2nd to last set) for a long time.

The next day I see him and he says "Oh, yeah, I decided to play Guitar Hero last night after we talked about it. I played Crossroads on Expert. First try, four stars."

So that night I went home and played the shit out of that song. That stupid fucking song. The first time I got 95% of the way into it and crapped out. I hate that stupid part at the time. The second time I did crappy. I always well the first time but fail on subsequent attempts, with that song. So then I rocked out to "More Than A Feeling," came back to Crossroads, and then something changed halfway into the song. Something changed? Everything changed. I suddenly knew down in my bones that I was gonna beat that motherfucker that try. And I did. I did, Aeryk. Yes, I moved past the Crossroads I had been stuck at for so long. I beat that motherfucker and then I punched it in the pants-cock.

Then I tried Cowboys From Hell on Expert and said "What the fucking fuck? This fuck is impossible." So I stopped and went to bed. I should have stopped the story last paragraph but I still think it was good.