Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lately I've been checking out this set of miniatures rules (cost = free $$cheap!). It's essentially the Savage Worlds ruleset with the RPG aspects removed. I love me some Savage Worlds so I'm looking forward to trying it.

The nice thing is that it's a generic system so it's easy to stat up models for any genre, from fantasy to scifi to this "world war eye eye" that I keep hearing about. Good for making games for whatever models you happen to have lying around.

Sample scenario! (Set in the piratey 50 Fathoms setting.)
Unit costing guide. Most of the special abilities don't make much sense without the SW rulebook. HOWEVER...
Test Drive rules for Savage Worlds. This is a pretty good sample overview of the RPG that also gives the idea of many of the special abilities used in the minis rules.

I better get in the shower. I'm sure Enron is anxiously waiting for me to come by his place and layeth down the beating.