Monday, July 31, 2006

I think one of the highlights of the weekend had to be Pat unbuckling his seatbelt, turning around and pummeling the buckled-in Aaron and David in the 3rd row while I'm trying to navigate through the insane Vegas late-night strip traffic. That, and the sweet-spot speed bump action for the last-row fellas. Hehe..

Erockenstein: I hear you on the bad-dad guilt thing. I find that I've cut down on my questionably-moral behaviors quite a bit since becoming a dad. I don't subscribe to Maxim anymore, don't play a lot of bloody/violent video games anymore (especially with kid awake in house), generally don't go out so much, and especially don't get hammered so much. What's worse than having a little buzz going on when I get home (or feeling like shit afterwards) is coming home smelling like bar (sweet combo of beer breath and ashtray stench). Maybe it's just my childhood coming back to guilt-haunt me, but I just can't stand the thought of being bar-smell Dad.

Speaking of. Haylee can now get her wrist above the kitchen counters and grab shit within about 6 inches of the edge (GAAAH!!) ... it's never boring, that's for sure.