Monday, July 31, 2006

God Save the Killens

First off, I thought it was hilarious that Enron was "in training" for this event by getting buzzed to drunk every night for a month before. Second off, there is just no way my body and mind can drink anymore.

During the world cup, I met up with RDub and some of his co-workers at The Underground for the 9, or 7am, I can't remember which, match between England and some other team. Anyhoo, Leslie drove me over so I could drink and I was so excited to have a morning on the town I took advantage!

I was behind Ryan and Co., so I had to drink really quick to catch up. I think I ended up having something like 3 Guinness' and 3 Strongbows. Ordinarily, not so much, but to a sleep deprived body that had nothing to eat that day, I was absolutely devastated.

When Leslie picked me up, we went to Trashcan and had a burrito, and I slept as soon as I got home. When I woke up, I was ravaged by a headache for the rest of the day, wooziness, and a total encompassing tiredness, which is a great thing to have as a father of a newborn. It was ridiculous.

Since then I have had probably 3 beers and 3 Strongbows (they sell them at BevMo!, which is a rad store for buying many different beers). And even when I have a beer, one beer, it makes me not feel right.

Maybe it is new dad guilt, I don't know, but until I give up on the fatherhood thing and reserve myself to lead a life of spousal and child abuse, I just don't think I have it in me to drink to excess anymore.