Monday, July 31, 2006

Booze

The training went well. Saturday I started drinking at 3pm and had 5 Budweisers, 2 Belgian ales, 4 glasses of red wine and a gin martini. Spread over 9 hours, I did pretty well. Only blew a .02 BAC at the end of the night. Today is the first day I have gone without a drink since June 30th. Kind of gross really. No hangovers though. A high mark for me.

Elzar, even with my super improved tolerance, 3 Guinness and 3 Strongbows would be a mean buzz for me and most likely a nasty hang over.

BevMo is kick ass. Chris and I used to make runs there all the time for fine brews back in SD. Twas the best place for beer selection back then.

On the flipside, while walking down the strip from New York New York to The Luxor I got propositioned by a high end prostie and 3 minutes later asked by two fine buzzed gents "where the ladies were?" My gut reaction was, how the hell should I know, I am an uber Nerd you fucking idjiots. They must have seen a condom in my bedroom or something in a premonition. However, I responded most boringly, "I dont know." They also asked if they could have my shirt. Weird. Funny. What I should have said is that there was one fine lady just a couple 100 yards back looking for a lonely guy to go hang out with her. The moral of the story, walking alone on the strip during the eve can be a little colorful. Listening to all the other people talking is great too. A lot of idiots. Man that place is a magnet for Midwesterners and frat boys. O, I feel for your desire to get the truck out of dodge the minute you can.

D>M>