Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Screw Andy

Not that I am a huge fan of Domino's pizza, but now I think I will never eat from there again.

On to much better subjects: WFRP. A great game that I never got to fully explore. O Rugs and I were only able to catch the tail end of the Elzar & Friends WHRP. I would put requests for WFRP games in the Strategicon suggestion box every year. Yet my requests went unfulfilled. Boooo. Rat Catching and Grave Robbing aside I really like the mechanics and the charcter career class orientation of the system. Note on a purely humor based value system: Jon's favorite, BDSM (Big Dick Small Mouth), would have been considered as would Reich Star JP Stylie and GURPS Gilligan's Island. PS I will not run an RPG, JP and his f'n butter was too much for me. It was funny, but at the same time furthered my insecurities about GMing roleplay games to the point of no return.

Minis: Wow, big field here. Where to go. So many great games, so little time. Games that could have been great (read: Chainmail v2). Games that were great for reasons other than the mechanics of the game (Read: Epic and Warbands). Games that never got a chance that I really liked (Eric I totally agree with you on BGWWII, too bad Johnny could not get past the grenade 'splosion). Games that didnt quite tickle me (PBI aka PB&J) but seemed cool. I dont know if I could select any one game. Personally I much rather a game system that caters to campaigns. I liked developing the team and getting unique rewards a la Warbands and Necromunda. I also like the quasi-roleplay nature of the campaign system.

Board Games: Another wide open field. I dont know if I could ever play the same board game only for one year. I get tired of board games much quicker than mini's or roleplaying. I am not sure I can call that one. Maybe Warhammer Quest.

D>M>