Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Thats a good one

RPG: Either WFRP, or Call of Cthulhu. I think I had some of the most fun in my RPGing career playing WFRP, running through the Enemy Within Campaign, before I really started hanging with (or re-hanging with, as the case my be with Art and Enron) you guys. Zak Langley, JP, Jason May, Benji, Scott Maynard and Alex Toth. Man. When Alex and Ben decided it would be funny to backstab the group after we tattoo'd Bens head with the word "Thief" after he failed to pick our pockets, was great. Zak actually ran separate, but somewhat parallel games for the splinter groups. We would still hang out at school together, but there was definate weirdness. In the game we would both see and hear of evidence regarding the other group as we played. It was gaming brilliance.
Fucking Alex and his damn Wardancer.....

However, we can't forget Enron's game where JP was too cheap to buy the material component for his sleep spell, common feathers, and had to try and steal them by imitating a member of the Watch (police) by somehow adhereing a Watch badge to his shirt using BUTTER, because he was too cheap to buy glue for that matter.

As far as my experiences with CoC, man, we have had some good ones. From my first experience at a con going crazy in a house, and getting into gunfights with other players over our insanities, to Prosties, nothing but good times have been had playing CoC. From the Chinese Guy selling Magic Shirts, to the trunk of holding, to Rudy and Jon's characters in Delta Green arguing over which cell phone to use cause they don't want to waste their minutes, to JP dragging that kid out of class to interrogate him. Nothing but good times are had playing CoC. Just think about how many times the world would be destroyed by the Great Old Ones if it were not for the guys who thinks it is a good idea to break into their neighbors homes when something seems out of the ordinary....

Miniatures: I am burnt out on Warbands, even to this day, so my choice would probably be, either Battleground WWII, or DBA. Never played DBA, but I know it would be awesome, fun, and fast! As for BGWWII, some of us did play that one, a few times. In fact, I think the first time I really met or hung out with Denis was at a local con and Enron, Jael and I were playing BGWWII. There was a stranded tank commander and his destroyed tank in the middle of the board, and the US had to save him from the clutches of the Germans, who had him pinned. I remember there being some heroic moves, that had something to do with a squad hurling grenades over a wall, all to no effect, and in return one or two guys throwing a grenade that landed RIGHT IN THE CENTER of the Germans, killing most of them. Jael was not pleased about that one! Hilarious!

Boardgame: Blood Bowl. Duh. And now that I am all grown up and graduated from college, Advanced Squad Leader. I want nothing more that to watch Denis square off against Rudy at ASL. And them enjoy it because of the magic one year rule.

Honorable Mentions: Beer Cap Soccer, Man-on-Man Combat System, and Puerto Rico.

I am quite surprised that Jon's ideal was not Planescape!