Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Musings

- Mike is confirmed for Baby Shower SFCon. Enron, can you post some insanely detailed directions on how to get to your place for Mike from the OAK airport, like you did for me? It was so easy!

- So, Cuba Gooding Jr. was a guest "announcer" for one period at a Kings game, basically he likes hockey, and plays, and has some new movies coming out, so someone knew someone, and called someone and got him on to promote, blah blah blah. He sucked pretty bad, but whatever. ANYWAY. The announcers for the Mighty Ducks SUCK the WORST, most disgusting, diseased, hobo-cock, in the universe. They are terrible. They can't pronounce anyone's name correctly (on the Kings; Norstrom, is NOT pronounced NorDstrom, you prick), they clearly are watching different games than they are announcing cause they NEVER GET A CALL CORRECT as they describe it. Every penalty that goes against the Ducks is "ticky-tack", and every penalty against the other teams is a grevious intent to injure a Ducks player and the player should be suspended. You get the idea. ANYWAY, a guy posted this on the Letsgokings.com message board about it, and cracked me up:

"Dude, there's not even a debate here. Hayward? Please. Nothing is as bad as Hayward. I'd rather listen to 1,000 drunk and twisted Cuba Jr.'s than deal with a Hayward any freaking day. Cuba with a Tanq & Tonic I-vee'd into his arm for a month wouldn't be half as bad as that homer tool Hayward."

Now that I re-read it, I should have kept it to myself. The Tanq and Tonic for a month IV'd made me laugh. But not after I had to explain the back story. Apologies.