Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ah my friends, how fickle is the wheel of fate. For now it is I -- yes, I -- who cannot eat the sandwich.

It hurts every time I swallow and my ear is kicking my ass. How delightful that this should occur the weekend that all my friends are coming up!

I spent an hour at work calling doctors trying to make appointments for tomorrow before I gave up and went home. I decided to go to the UCSF urgent care room. Basically, this is like halfway between the emergency room and a regular trip to the doctor's. It is more expensive than a regular doctor visit but not as much as the ER. Well, guess what! They decided to close 3.5 hours early today! Isn't that fantastic! The doctor was seeing her last patient as I arrived and the nurses refused to let me see her. That was a great time.

This is why women shouldn't be doctors in my opinion, because they always want to quit seeing patients so they can go home and cry, or go to Union Square and go boot shopping or something. That's just my opinion, but it's TRUE!

So my new plan is to go to the doctor tomorrow, get some antibiotics, sleep really really really really hard, and be better by Saturday morning!

Rudy the only thing keeping me going is your poems, they are really helping me see the man inside.

So far 2006 = two thousand SICK! Ha! Get it? Because I've been sick the whole fucking year! That's why I say that!

PS Ryan you have a big piece of food on your lower lip.