Monday, November 15, 2004

Space Punk!

First off, have a great trip Jael! He's on his way to Singapore today - good luck on your trip dude!

I've been messing with the toolset for NWN some more, and I'm getting more confident in running a sci-fi western for the group. In the hak-paks/modules you can download for Firefly, the guy does a good job in building the main Firefly ship, BUT it's all disconnected, meaning you walkthru a door and you have to load a new area for a corridor, for example. I think it kinda sucks. Makes the ship seems WAY bigger than it actually is. I think he did that to give the impression of different levels - there's lots of stairs up n down, BUT it can kinda make the ship seem confusing. SO, also in the hak pack, someone made a smaller, one-map ship that's pretty cool. I'm gonna personalize it, then that could be youz guyz's ship.

There's guns in the game - I guess they're just reskinned bows n arrows, BUT they have appropriate fx and look pretty bad-ass. If we do play, I think I'd stress hand-2-hand over shooting anyways. SO, I should get started with it by next weekend!

Here's the file's you'll need - (seems like a lot, but they're not too huge or anything)

Hak 1 38.11 Megz
Hak 2 36.6 Megz
Hax 3 41 Megz omghax!
Update hax0rz! 7.45 baby meg, i luv u!
And FINALLY the module/campaign setting (which has all the cool maps):
Module, Bitches! 3.51 megazordcheapz! (This also has a players-guide pdf, so check it if we play)

There are a couple of music haks too, but I'm not even gonna download them. I love music n all, but I'm not into the game music so much. Sound FX is good enough for me. Maybe I'll add some of my highschool songs to it.

The game uses a D20 Traveller set of rules, where you can get the free Lite version here: Traveller D20 Lite rulez

So, let me finish this whole record deal thing, then I wanna run this disaster!!