Friday, November 19, 2004

Sorry guys, I can't make it to the convenshun this year around.

Something just came up and I have to fly to Manila phillipines after my trip is done here. So I'm leaving Sing from the 26th and will be spending the good half of Christmas Month until the 6th. There is no earlier flights home, all booked for the winter months, but I have to stay there anyhow for a good week. I'll miss you all. Lucky my special rated didn't apply to the hotel eh? You guys would have to have paid full retail or worse not be able to get a room at all, seeing that when I was booking the rooms, the hotel was packed.

Okay, I'm rambling.

Disturbing thing to note: Prostitution is legal in Singapore (to an open extent). quick fyi, just for those of you who didn't know. It's a regulated commodity. So what i've noticed is that it attracts the "most likeable" breed of business folks and tourists. Uh.. NOT. Jeez, it seems, foreigners and locals alike understand and prey on the concept of profiting or indulging in the services. It's way too routinal in conversation which makes it quite disturbing. Taxi drivers are urban pimps. KTV's are all too common, one can't go anywhere without seeing one. Outside the busy streets of my hotel are strewn with women in scant clothing (not assuming all of them are prostitutes, but common sense says otherwise). I'm pretty sickened by all this really. Never make prostitution legal in a country. It never brings anything but evil. Vegas is pretty bad too I guess.

Jael