Saturday, November 06, 2004

Donkey Konga

Well, I'm currently in Manhattan Beach right now after a typically unpleasant Greyhound trip home Thursday night. Yes, when you arrive at the station at 5:45 AM after being elbowed in the head by a sleeping homeless man, let me tell you, you are ready to rock!

Now that I've got a long-term place, it's time to move my shiyat. So I came down here (wish I planned ahead more and bought an airplane ticket, but they were too expensive last-minute); on Monday I go pick up the U-Haul and throw everything in it, and then Tuesday I drive up.

In the meantime I've got to figure out what to bring up (... hello, NWN Platinum Edition, which I just learned how to install on my Mac...). I've also of course revisited my precious GameCube. I had some video game store credit, so I picked up one of those gimmicky rhythm games I'm such a sucker for: Donkey Konga. It's like Dance Dance Revolution, but with Bongo drums. As each note scrolls by you have to either hit the left drum, hit the right drum, hit both, or clap. It's genius.

Speaking of genius, I forgot to bring my cell phone charger and my phone's on life support, so I'll be checking my messages periodically but mostly won't have it around. If anyone needs to reach me it's easier to do so at my parents' house.

Cock! Balls!