Tuesday, September 14, 2004

YeeHaa

Damn I miss the blog for a few days and all hell breaks loose. So here are my answers in no particular order Yes. No. No. Yes. No. Yes and Yes. Clear? Great. Moving on...

Well saturday I went down to Sunnyvale to visit a friend with Aimey and I was able to get my hands on some 284 hours of 80s/New Wave music files. I havent even begun to sort through them and figure out what I want. The guy is a DJ and has a ton of good song, rare cuts, and a lot of vinyl transfers. The real trick is that he uses FLAC instead of mp3. FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is usually ~6.5 megs per minute as opposed to CD at 10 Megs a minute and mp3 @ 128 kbit wich is roughly 1 meg a minute. So long story short I have 100 GB of music I have to sort through.

On Tuesday of last week I got cold called by a temp/recruiting agency for a 2 month job. They called in the afternoon and wanted me to interview the next morning. Rule. Got a call on Saturday that I got the job. So I am now doing XP rollouts for AAA's headquarters here for about 8 weeks. Its a swing shift job though. Gives me time to look for another job during the day. Anyway I think this will put a damper on my playing NWN or BB. Boo.

Speaking of Mac, has anyone seen the new iMac up close and personal? They still dont have them in stock at the Mac store here. They look real nice online. I wish I had the money for both a PC and a Mac rig.

Art that was some good Tin-Foil hat action. Nice find.

D>M>