Friday, September 05, 2003

Games Workshop Bridal Registry


So, wow, it feels like it's been a long time since I was able to Blog, or check email, or anything other than work. The dig was great... intense and all consuming, but great. I'd talk about it more, but I'm sure you'd all be bored in a second. Since then, I've been desperately trying to dig myself out from under the whole that going there creates for me... email, backload of work, etc. (Again, boring, boring! -- sorry guys I lead a boring life.) This explains my lack of contact and once again, I'm sorry for that.

Glad to hear that the Con went so well, and particularly enjoyed reading your Blogs just prior to it -- really sorry that I couldn't be there. In fact, I miss you all a lot, and certainly miss having a 'normal' life... it sounds so great, what you guys are up to. (Congrats on the new job Rudy -- belated I know... what do you do now?) Anyway, if I continue to write in this vane, you'll hear nothing but complaints about my PhD work (which is making me work 18 hour days now.) I'd give a lot to be back home with you, playing the occasional game or two, perhaps in a year I will be there! Just so you know, I spent the weekend playing lots of computerised AD&D with IceWind Dale in honour of the convention -- so I was there in spirit (sorry Jon...) Oh, and Jon, IWD PROVES that Simon's stats are nearly unplayable... if I've had to save his ass once, I've had to do it a million times -- the elven mage has more hit points -- not really.

Eric, so glad that you're happy. That's awsome, to be that stoked about getting married, about your job being a little better, and about a great Con. As for the FUBAR and payment, I'll be glad to chip in too for the hosting, so sign me up. The FUBAR was particularly funny, because I was just about to Blog -- having just managed to clear the decks of work for a few moments when, hey presto, I was FORBIDDEN to do so! (Part of me did think that maybe you guys were triying to send me a message, but you know me...

Ok, what a fine message this is. I'll post happier stuff soon, maybe when I've arranged for my trip home this Christmas.


M. Andersonington