Wednesday, July 02, 2003

The low down...

Johnny's place from Jon's: 374.31 miles. Distance Aaron drove from the 405 onramp in LA to the off ramp in downtown SF: 390.2 miles. Traffic in LA: moderate until Santa Clarita (35-60 mph typical). Total Travel Time: 5hrs 8min. Typical Speed on the 5: 85-90 miles an hour while not in traffic in LA or SF. Traffic on the 5: Light. Pit stops: 0. Traffic in SF: Light. Speed on 580/80/101 (Freeways from 5 to SF): 80 mph average. Best Friday night time... 6hrs 30 min. 30-45 mph in LA. 85 up the grapevine with a shit load of weaving through traffic. Very aggressive driving with spurts of 90-95 mph. One break for gas. Best time ever: 4hrs 34min for that same trip. Speeds on the 5: 90-105mph. Jon, I dont think 5 hours would work for you, especially given your tendency not to have a heavy foot. Besides, my experiences on holiday weekends have been less than pleasent on the 5. 8 hours on saturday may not be a good estimate.. I would say more like 6-7. Sunday afternoon on the otherhand, I would say 7-9 hours. There is an alternate route, but it is a lot slower, a two lane highway with a 50 mph speed limit and a lot of turns and slow traffic. Then there is the 101. Either one is a slower route. Pick your poison. Ohhh.. yeah the He-Man figures are dame cool. Too bad my Skeletor got run over.. BOO!!!!

In other news, Rudy I have not been on ICQ because I was in LA/asleep/@work without ICQ from Thursday bedtime to wednesday (Now). And I am still sick and will not turn on ICQ today. I feel like shit. GOnna take a nap now. Speaking of which, I will make a team when I feel up to it.

Bortz