Monday, July 21, 2003

Chester the Molester and the 5 hour drive home

I am dead beat. I am physically sitting here in front of my computer at work, not really comprehending anything nor motivated to do work. The X THE RIDE sounded pretty cool, unfortunately, I opted out of going because I had to catch some zzz's before the 5 hour drive home. After hearing about how great the ride was I wished I had monday off so I didn't have to drive home in such a rush. Ugh. The drive was perhaps the biggest downer of the night. Right when we hit the car, 2 of the 4 people fell asleep and seriously, that was pretty lame of them. Only the person in shotty stayed up with me the entire ride keeping me company. It wasn't that bad until about 4am. Then I switched off with someone else. Relatively uneventful ride back, thank god!

I couldn't help myself staring at the bare flesh that was on display at MM. The temperature was relatively hot throughout the day and so girls were wearing stuff you'd see at the beach. Then there were some fine pieces of finished goods. Some perhaps contraband, and some perhaps not. It's hard to differentiate between the two sometimes, you know?

Shit is fucking expensive there. All I have to say is, the entrance fee cost us 22.50. But the food and drinks (only) that we got there cost us nearly 40 dollars, a stretch of 200%. Also there were rides that you had to pay for too, but they were lame rides, and we avoided them.

I'll have to agree with Rudy, these cohorts of mine are a bit flaky. Plans seem to change at will with them (does that sound familiar?) I think we weren't far from that in high school. And I totally agree with you, rudy, you should be more assertive! in fact I was counting on it. I honestly needed Ahmed to stick with the original plans and help me drive home. I didn't expect that you would agree to give him a ride. But I could tell it was grinding at you which you really shouldn't let it bother you. I don't think it was intentional. But I was happy that ahmed changed his mind, and I had an extra person in the car to drive.

As for the rides, rollercoasters are fun, but definitely not my cup of tea. I don't think I'll be back for another few years.

Jael