Saturday, May 17, 2003

Tribute to the Convention

I was just reading some emails that I saved from 1999 to 2001 and omg. Seriously, bad memories, bad g/f relationships, the memories came flooding back. I don't even know why I saved those emails but I guess I did. I was even reading some of our convention chats too (which is not much different today) except that we don't talk about having finals and stuff like that anymore.

Just for kicks, here's one from 3 years ago, think this was one of the last con JP went to... think this was the one we played pictionary with Mikeys new g/f (new back then), you guys just bought the warmaster minis... and the fucking grab bag?

Subj: PLAGUECON-NOFUNCON-ROUNDUP
Date: 5/30/00 4:38:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From: jpmunro@hotmail.com (JP Munro)
To: JonnyRockt@aol.com, LilRudy@aol.com, biggdork@earthlink.net, enoto@earthlink.net, drstupid@mindspring.com, inpw@hotmail.com

Whoa- hold on. What's this about buying 200 dollars worth of miniaturized
figurines? Please elaborate.
All in all, that con was kind of fun, but also lots of no fun was to be had.
I found that the misery index decreased after the games of Pictionary and
Trivial Pursuit. A hardy "DE ICE AGE!" to whoever came up with the idea.
Werewolf update: I'm probably going to have dinner at my parent's house
sometime this week, and if I happen to rummage through my stuff and find my
werewolf books, who knows what's liable to happen. Maybe two weeks from now?
Rudy: Nice work with the song. Can I have a copy? I think maybe it can only
be truly appreciated in the comfort of my automobile.
Eric: call me if you or anyone else ever wants to play the WW!! little game.
I hear it's more than just a fucking grab-bag?!.
To All: I think the real deciding factor in making the con as fun as it was
were my flurries of emails beforehand. count on a 1000% increase before the
next one!

Jael