Saturday, February 01, 2003

Miniatures Battle Cry, or I am Arogon son of Alfred

I think I need to set-up a PayPal donation button on this website.

I have been calculating the cost of furnishing one side for my Battle Cry project using Peter Pig miniatures (worst website EVAR), and if I want to create the version I have envisioned, it will cost $98.80 per side. Not counting cost of the GHQ tiles I need for the board itself, or the scenery, which I can use mostly stuff I already own. More or less, all i want is to make two troops count for each "one" in the game, so a foot unit will be 8 miniatures strong, and a cavalry will be 6. Cannons will stay the same, 1:1. I think that will give cool looking units, consisiting of 4 stands with two guys per stand. And of course one casualty miniature for each stand to leave strewn about the field. So there is my dilemma. I think I will probably go along with it just cause I like having these projects, but man, I still need to paint and base these figures after I purchase them.... fun?

All I know is that if and when I finish this project, its gonna be so kewl. My projected finish date is the hour before I leave for Kublacon, which I am pre-registered for by the way!

Rudy - Give me a ring in the morning time, we shall surf and eat food of the Hut placed on the Beach.